The simple yet practical design of the Rook 50 makes it a durable and comfortable backpacking backpack with a great fit
Practical, resistant and economical, the Rook 50 is the perfect backpacking backpack to face the first adventures in the world!
The Rook 50 has a well-ventilated and highly adjustable lumbar weight relief system, which uses the AirSpeed system as a mesh suspended above a large recess that allows air to flow.
The adjustment of the length of the torso is very practical and intuitive: an innovative progressive closure system allows you to manually scale the height to equalize it to that of the person wearing the backpack.
In order to adapt to torsos of any length, these backpacks are equipped with two load lifting points in the upper part of the frame: thanks to these, the harness always remains comfortable, however it is positioned.
A wide, highly padded waist belt provides a perfect fit and makes it easier to carry heavy loads in the backpack.
All backpacks in the Rook line are compatible with the Daylite and Daylite Plus day packs, which can be attached to the larger backpack, increasing its capacity, thus also offering the possibility of leaving the bulky backpack at base camp to make a shorter excursion with the daily one.
The Rook 50 has 2 access points to the main pocket: one from the top lid and one from the bottom sleeping bag compartment.
Technical characteristics of the Osprey Rook 50 backpack:
- Weight: 1.59kg
- Volumes: 50L
- Maximum size (cm): 74 (l) x 42 (w) x 35 (d)
- Main fabric: 600D Polyester
- 15mm side compression straps
- AirSpeed™ ventilated mesh backrest suspended from an adjustable trampoline
- Adjustable back length
- Opening at the base with zip
- Compatible with Daylite & Daylite Plus
- Rope fixings
- Integrated and removable raincover
- Internal hydration pocket
- Inner webbing for top load compression
- Large lower compartment with zip
- Lightweight peripheral frame
- Dual-access PowerMesh™ bottle pockets
- Removable camping mat straps
- Side compression straps
- Base sleeping bag compartment with internal divider
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Hood access
- Pair of zipped pockets on ventral belt
- Zip pockets in the hood
Osprey: passion, professionalism and constant study
Osprey was born in California in 1974, from the hands of Mike Pfotenhauer , founder and chief designer of the company, who, as soon as he finished university, began to make backpacks and rucksacks with his sewing machine for customers in Santa Cruz.
By listening to their stories, he discovered how those backpacks were used, what their owners' needs were and the actual use they made of them. Thus, year after year, he has managed to design and create increasingly innovative backpacks of the best quality.
Today Osprey products continue that pioneering spirit, and are used from the highest mountains, to the most remote islands…not forgetting everything in between!