ITEM NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT
We don't know if and when it will be available again
Tempest 40, the iconic Osprey women's backpack with backrest, now completely renewed!
Tempest 40 is the perfect women's specific back pack for day hikes, short backpacking trips and everyday life. The weight is only 1.08 kg.
The technical reworking of the Tempest line required 10 years of studies and research... the results of so much work will surprise you!
The new Airscape™ foam accordion back panel is designed in conjunction with a lumbar wrap that stays separate from the hipbelt.
This favors the passage of air between the back and the back of the backpack, without however moving it too far from the body, thus allowing the backpack to distribute the weight of the load evenly on the hips rather than on the back - remember to always close the waist belt at the height of the belly button, so you'll save yourself back pain and contractures! 😉 -.
The backrest of the Tempest 40 is adjustable in length, to best adapt to any physicality.
The backpack features many of Osprey's most innovative technologies and solutions. such as Stow-on-the-Go™ , the easy storage system for trekking poles, ice ax storage straps and InsideOut™ compression straps.
Zippered pockets on each side of the waistband allow for quick and easy access to small items like your phone, snacks or GPS.
The Tempest 40 also features a removable domed lid with zipped pocket and carabiner for keys. On the front of the pack is a large PowerMesh™ pocket, ideal for a shell or hoodie.
A horizontal zip placed in the lower compartment guarantees quick access even to the objects that we have placed on the bottom of the backpack.
Technical characteristics of the Tempest 40 backpack:
- Backrest ergonomics for women
- Weight: 1.08kg
- Maximum dimensions: (cm): 63 (l) x 30 (w) x 30 (d)
- Backrest with adjustable torso
- AirScape™ accordion foam back with mesh cover
- Adjustable lumbar band that wraps around the body
- Lightweight peripheral frame
- Opening at the base with zip
- External access for hydration
- Rings for storing two ice axes
- Internal clip for attaching keys
- Inner webbing for top load compression
- LED light attachment point
- Removable camping mat straps
- Removable hood with double compartments
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle
- Stow-on-the-Go™ attachment for trekking poles
- Front stretch pocket
- Side stretch mesh pockets with InsideOut™ compression
- Elasticated pockets on the harness
- Hood access
- Pair of eyelets for ice axe
- Pair of zipped pockets on ventral belt